Thursday, July 5, 2012

You know you're addicted ...

Yep, it's true. You're addicted. It's okay... I am too.

It pinteresting really. I just can't stop pinning. It can suck up hours of time in one sitting.
However, while I've been pinning like a mad woman, sometimes I forget to go back to my pins and actually try or use the information in them. But that is about to change. I'm going to set a goal for myself to actually use my pins ... and then share my experiences here. The good, the bad, the epic fails.

So, I wanted to start today with one of my all time FAVORITE pinterest finds. That find is skinnytaste.com. I'm always looking for fun, healthy new recipes to try, and this website is full of them. Not only that, but they are delicious!

Here are a few I've tried (and LOVED): Click on the pictures for the recipes (My pictures don't look quite as amazing as those on the blog, but they get the job done). Many of them are soups because I was pinning like crazy this winter and trying to find easy, tasty, and freezable meals.

1. Baked Potato Soup (made with a little bit of cauliflower to add richness without the extra calories!) 

2. Cauliflower Soup: Ok, I know this sounds totally weird, but it's actually light and tasty. It would not be great as a stand alone meal, but definitely tasty as a side dish.

3. Crock Pot Chicken Enchilada Soup: So good for winter months, PLUS it's easy to freeze for a quick meal later.

4. Crock Pot Chicken Taco Chili: This rates high for simplicity and overall yumminess.

And the pin that helped my find my way to this amazing site:

5. Healthier Mozzarella Sticks I was skeptical at first, because really, how can you make these fried favorites healthy. However, I love them and was willing to give it a shot. So, I made the breading, used the reduced fat mozz sticks and baked away. And I was NOT disappointed. If you love cheese, this is a MUST try.

So, this was the result of my first pinning journey back in January when I was still a pinterest newby. Now, I have too many pins to count, and need to start weeding through them, cooking some amazing recipes, try new crafts, and use some tips.

 Keep reading to follow my pinteresting journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment