Friday, July 20, 2012

Pinterest, Why have you foresaken me!?

You know those moments when you realize the things on pinterest don't always work like they say? No? I didn't either. That is, until I tried to get rid of some wasps.

Check out the pin here: http://pinterest.com/pin/69665125456469454/

It explains how to easily and quickly get rid of wasps. And I definitly have a wasp problem.
Exhibit A:
Oh look at all of these little friends. They have decided to make their home in my bathroom vent on my porch. I'm pretty sure the welcome sign I put up was NOT for them. So, I did what any sensible Pinterest addict would do. I checked the garden pins for ideas. And voila! I found the pin listed above. So, I quickly put together all of the necessary ingredients and placed it on my porch below said nest.

Four days later, here are all of the wasps I've caught:
Yep, not one.

I tried adding more vinegar, more sugar. Nothing works. They just don't want to take the bait. I was really hoping to not have to use the harsh chemical version of the wasp/hornet killer because I'm sure it's not good for the environment, but I had to break down at do it. There were all least 20-30 wasps swarming around my front door every day. It was like going into battle every time I wanted to go in or out of the door. And the last think I wanted was to get stung by one, it hurts.

So, my question is, Pinterest, why have you forsaken me?




No comments:

Post a Comment